Did you know that the Delaware County District Library has a toolbox brimming with resources to help you or someone you know find a job? Among the tools we have are computers, databases, print resources, up-to-date job postings, online testing sites (ASVAB, Civil Service, etc.) and, most importantly, librarians who can skillfully navigate through all of it.
On the Library’s web site under “Services,” you will find a “Job Site” link that puts you in contact with databases and web sites to access general resources, job search engines, preparation and assessment tools, local services and listings, and unemployment assistance programs. We have made authoritative and useful web sites available to you at the click of a mouse, such as:
- Cypress Résumé: Produce a high-quality résumé in three simple steps.
- Career One Stop: Tools to help job seekers, students, businesses and career professionals, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Job Hunt: Free job search information, expert advice, and links to employers and job search resources.
- Quintessential Careers: Expert career, college, and job-search advice.
- Riley Guide: Directory of employment and career information sources and services.
The Learning Express Library and Job and Career Accelerator web sites provide you with excellent preparation and assessment tools to get you started, and we have even listed local sites in Delaware and Ohio that have current job postings:
- Library Jobs: Current openings at the Delaware County District Library.
- Columbus Jobs: Find the best local jobs, or expand your search nationwide.
- Find Help in Tough Times: From the State Library of Ohio.
- Ohio Hiring Management System: Apply to work for the State of Ohio.
- Ohio Jobs: Local employment website for job seekers and employers.
- Ohio Means Jobs: Official website for job opportunities in the state.
- Express Employment Professionals: Local staffing services for job seekers and employers in Delaware.
At the Delaware (Main) Library, we have a Job Site room with computers and other office supplies especially set aside for you to explore these web sites, write your resume, cover letter, set up a web-based email account, or apply for jobs online. At the other branches–Powell, Ostrander and Orange--computers are also available for job-seekers to use. And, of course and most importantly, there are librarians at all Library locations to provide assistance to you if you need it.
Hundreds of folks use these Library resources every month to sharpen their skills, write or update their resumes, discover job postings, and find employment. The Delaware County District Library is vested in our community, and our staff is eager, anxious, and expertly prepared to provide you what you need to better your life and improve the economic health of our county.
If you are seeking a job, make your first stop the Library!