There are lots of programs at the Delaware County District Library today and tomorrow, for kids of all ages. Why not beat the heat and enjoy some great programming at the Delaware, Powell, Ostrander and Orange Branches?
- LEGO Life of George 2:00-3:00 for ages 9-11. Come to the Library and play LEGO Life of George! Who will be the champion?
- Queen Najla: African Storytelling and Drumming. 7:00 p.m. Family Program. Queen Najla is an award winning children’s African Dance and Drumming Choreographer. Join Queen Najla as we practice drums, dancing and storytelling at the Library!
- Teen Chopped Cook Off 3:00-4:00 for teens. Do you have what it takes to be a champion or are you Chopped? We’ll provide the mystery baskets, you’ll prepare a dish with the mystery ingredients and face sudden death elimination after every course! Can you wow our panel of library judges and be the Chopped champion?
- History to Go 2:00-3:00 for ages 9-11. Ohio history comes to life with History to Go! Ohio Historical Society staff and volunteers will bring hands-on reproduction items, education collections, and props, literally bringing the museum exhibits to us at the Library!
- Altered Book Workshop 6:30-7:30 for adults. Recycle an old book into a unique work of art. Learn how to add windows, pockets and pop-ups.
- Internet Basics 6:00-7:00 p.m. for adults. Class size is limited to 10 participants. Call 614-888-9160 to register. This class will introduce participants to the basic skills needed to locate information on the Internet. A basic understanding of how a mouse and keyboard operate is required. Class objectives include becoming familiar with basic terminology, learning to use a web browser to navigate to and within a website, and learning to use a search engine to find information online.
- Hungry? Dig in! 1:00-2:00 for 6-8 year olds. Dig into delicious treats at our treat tasting. Enjoy crafting and eating worms and dirt, as well as various other goodies dipped in chocolate.
- Treescaping 101 7:00-8:00 for adults. Learn how to place trees in your landscape to provide cooling shade, block winter winds, frame and block views, and provide wildlife habitat. Confidently choose the right tree for the right place. Native tree list and resources provided. Bring work gloves to get some hands-on tips while planting a tree at the library. Amy Dutt is a landscape designer with Urban Wild Ltd.